This is how I imagine it to be. Those cryptocurrencies will all be at a $1T market cap.
- Ethereum from $30B to $1T = 33x
- IOTA from $1.2B to $1T = 760x
- Elastos from $55M to $1T = 14,400x
- Bitcoin from $115M to $1T = 9x
I cannot make a statement about the 5th one. Maybe the fifth one will be one of the following
- Nano, but it currently has a centralized design NANODE REPRESENTATIVE
- Cardano, but only if they can remove the stake pooling, which creates pools again and centralizes the network
- Skycoin if they deliver their antennas and really create the decentralized internet
- Aeternity once they have implemented Bitcoin NG
- MatrixAI once they have launched, but that will take a whole more year
- Quarkchain once they have launched, but that will take a whole more year
or it will be a cryptocurrency that doesn’t even exist yet.
The coin that wants to be at the top has to have the following 6 characteristics.
- Near infinite scalability
- Near infinite decentralization
- Permissionlessness and trustlessness
- Instant transactions
- Zero fees
- 1 millionth the energy usage of Bitcoin
Currently, only Elastos and IOTA (at scale) have those and Ethereum with their new hybrid consensus algorithm Casper and Lightning Network Raiden, which are both almost finished