Research: Global Bitcoin ATM Market to be Worth $145 Million by 2023

As cryptocurrency awareness and adoption grows, the bitcoin ATM market is forecast to expand at a CAGR of over 50% in a five-year period.

This is according to a study conducted by business-to-business research firm MarketsandMarkets indicating that the cryptocurrency ATM market will grow at a compound annual growth rate of 54.7% between 2018 and 2023. Consequently, the value of this market will rise to a figure of $144.5 million in the five-year period.

At the moment, the number of bitcoin ATMs in the world is 3,650, up from a figure of 3,500 that CCN reported early last month. On a daily basis, an average of approximately four bitcoin ATMs are installed, according to cryptocurrency ATM tracking website, Coin ATM Radar. It is estimated that the cryptocurrency ATM market was worth $6.8 million last year but has since then grown to reach a figure of $16.3 million in 2018.

The study also determined that two-way ATMs, which allow users to both buy and sell cryptocurrencies from a single device, will enjoy a higher CAGR compared to one-way ATMs. However, one-way ATMs currently dominate the market at 62.49% against a percentage of 37.51% for two-way ATMs.

145M still a small number, i believe it will surpass 1 Billion at that time, people start to learn and invest on cryptocurrency nowaday, this fact will make 1B easy to surpass

It is very difficult to accurately predict this figure. But the popularity of bitcoin is growing every day and more people are beginning to trust him. I also think that the cost of the market in the five-year period will grow by more than 1 billion.

Yap, in my humble opinion, market capitation for cryptocurrencies now still low, i believe 10trilllion capitation is easy for crypto in next 5 years

$10 triilion only if gets exposure through out the world. if the countries keep banning trading then it will have a negative effect on whole industry. We need more month like Dec-Jan, that’ll pull people in.

Yes, and thats our mission to helping cryptocurrency till every corner of the world know what the cryptocurrencies is

the news is quite surprising,:neutral_face: what if the bitcoin atm is already around the world?
but the question is, is the ATM only for bitcoin, or is there altcoin? if for bitcoin, I don’t think it’s good, I would agree that there is also bitcoin with other altcoins that have good delivery speeds like ripple or doge or xvg.

Bitcoin is the oldest and kind of king of crypto or some even call it mothercoin. Every body knows about bitcoin even if they don’t know about altcoins. Bitcoin ATM will give more exposure to people about crypto currency in general.

There are thousands of altcoins and more than 90% of them will die in near future. Yes, there are some good coins like Ethereum, Neo etc and probably in near future, we might see some ATM for them too.

Im agree with you, bitcoin is enough popular now, the only thing that bitcoin need is good responses from goverments , bitcoin urgently need good regulations to come out

Bitcoin ATM its good a head project but not all country give licensi with that, a lot of Bank and goverment not ready for that, i hope soon law of cryptocurency will be transparant and much people can transaction with bitcoin

Good things take time. Some governements are really conservative about their economy and they are just worried about the consequesnces if crypto industry burst like a bubble. As soon as more other countries will accept crypto, more and more countries will follow them. Then we’ll have more transparency and more acceptance.

The point is comfortable and safe. Investors will sleep soundly, not worry, and smile. We as bounty hunters always float in the clouds in the hope of buying an airport. :yum::yum::yum:

We should dream big but not as big as an airport. I’ll be damn happy with a small private plane :wink: