About coin or altcoin?

what do you know about coins and altcoins?
if I understand it, coins are digital currencies, while altcoins are coins that appear after BTC. What do you think?

Cryptocurrencies (coins) and tokens are different things.

Bitcoin, Litecoin, Monero, and Dash are cryptocurrencies, traded like any other currency such as the USD. They let you buy, sell, and invest.

So what are tokens?

Tokens are virtual assets. Think: loyalty points, certificates, in-game rewards, and even company shares.

Here’s a real world example:

When you deposit $2 in a pinball machine, you exchange $2 for some pin balls (tokens) to play the game. Those tokens only have value in the pinball economy. You can’t use those tokens to pay for a different game, but you could if you had some coins.

So, tokens are abstractions of value, married to specific platforms.

While cryptocurrencies are universal stores of value and mediums of exchange.

Question is about coins and altcoins, not coins and tokens I guess.

Btw nice explanation of difference between tokens and coins.

All the coins except bitcoin are termed as altcoins which is short form for alternate coins. Both are digital currencies and functions same on exchanges. Rest, you know the difference between bitcoin and other coins like eos or any other coins.

this is an interesting explanation, many people do not know the difference in the coin network. There are coins that stand on their own network (btc, eos, stellar, eth, waves, etc.) and there are coins that use other platform networks (altcoins).
please correct if wrong.

Coins, Tokens & Altcoins, the three major types of cryptocurrencies are differentiated based on their underlying technology and design use case. For example, Bitcoin and other transactional cryptocurrencies like Monero and RaiBlocks are called cryptocurrency coins because of their use as a transfer of value. By comparison, all of the ERC-20 compliant platforms like 0x and Civic, which are built on Ethereum and other competing blockchains are referred to as tokens. Projects that are built on top of platforms like Ethereum and Waves do not themselves facilitate the transfer and are therefore merely tokens, not coins. Finally, altcoins refer to most of the other projects that started off with Bitcoin’s code but have now modified in some way, like Dash, Vertcoin, etc.

Source: https://www.blockchain-council.org/blockchain/coins-tokens-altcoins-whats-the-difference/

Every coin that was developed after Bitcoin is an altcoin.

good analysis, if you copy, I hope you include the source, and if it’s pure you type yourself, I really appreciate that :slight_smile: good job for you sist :slight_smile:

I also think so, if indeed this is true, I will agree with this statement hehe, because I need a lot of opinions, and try to summarize it into one.

That was copied but source wasn’t included and that sometimes pisses me off. I don’t know why :stuck_out_tongue:

Give them all due credits then :wink:

maybe you can approach it and try talking to him about copy and paste. ckckck, the problem is I was shy to talk to him
:sweat_smile:

Anyone does copy pasting on any other forum without giving proper credits gets banned instantly. Bitcointalk has most strict rules about plagiarism. That’s why its important to give credits to the original author for their original work.

very correct bro, and I today made a news topic, and included a link, where I got it, hopefully it can be an example of the others :slight_smile:

Its good. Its always good to give credits to the original author. It encourages them to write more when they see that there work is being used by others too.

yeah bro, I’m also angry if I make articles on the web but when someone uses them doesn’t include the link hehe.

See, now you understand. Everyone should think like this. Don’t worry, if someone will use your eork without giving you your due credits, we can always sue them for plagiarism :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay bro, my hopes are the same as yours, and people understand this. hopefully many people read this